A Better You, LLC is not a licensed medical cannabis dispensary. Our purpose is to provide you with the written certification or recommendation that you will need in order to purchase medical cannabis from a licensed Maryland cannabis dispensary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR MARYLAND PATIENTS
Any Maryland resident whose physician recommends medical cannabis as a treatment option for a qualifying medical condition is eligible to register with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) as a patient. Qualifying medical conditions include:
- Chronic pain
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Wasting syndrome
Any condition that is severe, for which other medical treatments have been ineffective, and if the symptoms “reasonably can be expected to be relieved” by the medical use of Cannabis.
Any non-Maryland resident currently in Maryland for the purpose of receiving medical treatment is eligible to register as a patient with the MMCC and, during registration, will be required to provide the name and address of the Maryland medical facility where the patient is receiving treatment.
Steps in obtaining your Medical Cannabis Certification from our certifying physician:
- Register with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission at mmcc.maryland.gov. Please note that it may take 2-10 days, sometimes longer, to be issued your MMCC ID Number. While waiting, take the time to secure medical records.
- Obtain medical records from your physician as it relates to your qualifying medical condition. For example, if you are currently seeing a pain management doctor for chronic pain, obtain hard copies of your most recent notes which lists your diagnoses and your medications. If you have had imaging studies such as MRIs or CT-scans, obtaining copies of the results can also be helpful.
- Schedule an appointment with our medical cannabis certifying physician by calling 410.672.2700 or book online. Please note that you can be seen here prior to obtaining your MMCC ID Number but you must have some medical records. Once you obtain your ID Number from MMCC via email, you can then forward this email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your written certification.
For patients who have their MMCC ID Number at the time of the appointment with our physician, you will receive your certification immediately following your appointment. Once you obtain your medical cannabis certification, you can visit a licensed Maryland Cannabis Dispensary. For the most up-to-date listing, visit the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission website.
Should you have additional questions about this process, please do not hesitate to call 410.672.2700.